The end of the year is upon us, which means that now is the time to donate to PFLAG NYC with a tax-deductible gift for 2016.
We are preparing to do so much in 2017 and need your support. We are excited to build on the strong momentum our programs have from this year:
- We are serving dozens of families every month at six monthly support gatherings. We have three general meeting locations across the city, and have expanded to three special groups. We have the TransFamilies Project for families with transgender children, Stepping Stones for parents and young gender-non-conforming kids, and the API Rainbow Parents for families from Asian background with particular language and cultural concerns.
- We hosted Gender Conference East, creating with our partner organizations an incredible, informative gathering for families and professionals supporting children and youth who are transgender and gender non-conforming.
- Our Safe Schools Program is already on pace to far exceed the 6,000 students we reached in the last school year. Read about the start to the new school year on our website.
- We are excited for October’s biggest Safe Schools Program event ever, when we spoke to more than 800 students simultaneously. For that event, we mobilized 15 volunteers at once, a huge increase in our ability to meet the needs of schools throughout the city.
- By recruiting, training, and coordinating an amazing corps of more than 100 Safe Schools volunteers, we deliver bang-for-the-buck. Every dollar you invest in PFLAG NYC and the Safe Schools Program is multiplied by the power of our dedicated team members in every part of New York City. We have expanded our training programs with your support.
We don’t yet know everything that 2017 will bring, but we must be prepared to work hard to keep moving forward when it comes to LGBT equality. Please help us make sure that the PFLAG NYC army of families and allies is ready to rise to every challenge. Please donate today.
I wish you a very happy new year.