10 Ways to be an LGBTQ+ Ally
- Teach your children that being lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, or questioning (LGBTQ+) is simply another way people are made.
- Be sure to let LGBTQ+ family members know that you love them just as they are.
- Read and find out more about what it is really like to be LGBTQ+.
- Be open with others about having LGBTQ+ friends and family.
- Don’t tell disparaging jokes about gay or trans people.
- If you hear someone making a derogatory comment or joke, let them know you love an LGBTQ+ person and you don’t appreciate the way they’re talking.
- Encourage open and honest discussion of LGBTQ+ issues in your home, workplace, and church.
- Write or email elected officials to protest anti-LGBTQ+ legislation and to support full equality for all.
- Stand with those who believe that discrimination against anyone is unacceptable. Take a stand with PFLAG NYC.