Meetings & Support Groups
PFLAG NYC offers support groups for parents, families, and friends of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer people. LGBTQ+ people are also welcome to attend to care for and strengthen their family relationships.
PFLAG NYC meetings are currently all taking place virtually via Zoom. Every meeting is a safe place to share experiences. You will get support from other parents and families, and you’ll find your experience contributes to helping others. Through conversation with peers from other families, we support each other in a continuing process of learning, acceptance, and celebration.
All PFLAG NYC support meetings are offered free of charge.
Support Group Meetings
- General Support Meetings are open to all and cover all aspects of having a loved one who is lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or queer.
- TransFamilies Project meetings are for families with transgender, non-binary, and gender non-conforming children and loved ones of all ages.
- Dads Group provides a space for dads to connect with other dads around the topic of their child’s and their family’s coming out process across the range of LGBTQ+ identities. All dads and caregivers in a father-like role are welcome to join.
- Partners Group This group is dedicated to the needs of partners and transitioning partners who are transgender or non-binary people.
- API Rainbow Parents provides support for LGBTQ+ individuals and families of Asian-Pacific Islander heritage, addressing language and culture-specific needs of API communities.
- Black Family Circle is a proud space for individuals who identify as Black, and have LGBTQ+ loved ones, to find community and support.
- SOGI (Sexual Orientation & Gender Identity)Tweens Group is a support group for parents/caregivers and supportive friends or family members of LGBTQIA+ young people entering/in early adolescence – roughly aged 9-15 (with some flexibility).
- SOGI (Sexual Orientation & Gender Identity)Tweens at QCH is an in-person support group for families with tween LGBTQ+ children (ages 9-15). Parents and caregivers are invited to learn, share, listen, and support one another, while youth will have their own space to participate in engaging talks and expressive experiences. Both groups will be guided by facilitators.
- The Neurodiversity & Gender Diversity Meeting is a group for parents of kids, teens, and folx who live at the intersection of Trans-ness and Neurodivergence (ASD, ADHD, PDA, ODD/DMDD, Bipolar, Anxiety/Depressive disorders, etc).
- Loving Elders Support Group is for grandparents or intergenerational influences in the life of an LGBTQ+ person.
- The Healing Bereavement Circle is for those who’ve lost an LGBTQ+ loved one to suicide. We’re a peer support group, a sanctuary for your grief, and a source of strength.
- El Amor Hace la Familia – Apoyo bilingüe provisto principalmente en español para familias latinas y personas LBGTQ / Bilingual support provided primarily in Spanish for Latino families and LBGTQ+ people.