Volunteer with Supportive Services
PFLAG NYC is always looking for people in a variety of communities, higher education institutions, non-profit organizations, and corporations who would like to extend a helping hand to build our community of supportive services!
We have many exciting and impactful opportunities that will promote awareness and acceptance as well as increase the support we want to offer our LGBTQ+ families! We are seeking the following volunteers:
- Facilitators – Lead and co-lead support groups for families of the LGBTQ+ community
- One-on-one coaches – Provide support and goal-setting assistance to families
- Translators – Spanish/English and Mandarin/English translation
- Storytellers – Should have lived experience – yourself, a family member, friend, co-worker, or someone in the LGBTQ+ community who has touched your life or you touched theirs, to speak at schools, workshops, parent presentations
- Workshop Presenters – Should have a skill, education, or direct life experience that can be valuable to our attendees, i.e. gender-affirming care, counseling, neurodiversity, sex education, legal issues regarding name change, etc.
- Influencers/Promoters – outreach to increase support group attendance
How to Volunteer
If you have flexible time to devote to Zoom during days, evenings, and weekends, we welcome you to join us. Scheduling is done according to availability, and training is provided.